Monday, October 27, 2008

My darling Family....


So today I met with our OB and had my seven month check up. My grandma and my mother both came with, bright eyed and bushi-tailed and ready to jump all over every opportunity to ask any question that could possibly come to mind.

My grandmother just turned 77 and is the cutest little thing. She ends every sentence with a joke, has her hair done every Sunday before church, and still pinches my cheeks like I'm five. Her eyes lit up when I asked if she would like to come with me to Taylor's appt. She looked like a kid in a candy store waiting to hear the thump-thump of her first great grandchild. I love her dearly and hope she is as big a part of my child's life as she has been of mine..

My mother is a character to say the least. She has strawberry blonde hair, is about five ft tall, and still has the same three sayings she had when we were kids. She calls everyday to ask how I'm doing, how I'm feeling, and how Taylor is. She laughs when I'm honest and tell her that I cant breath at times, cant sleep at night, and have unbelievable heartburn and leg cramps that seem to last all evening and into the wee hours of the night. Every time I see her, she proceeds to jiggle my belly from side to side, hoping to wake Taylor up ( or piss her off ) and get a kick, or a punch of some kind. Her blue eyes are kind and she has the biggest heart of anyone Ive ever met. She is a wonderful loving woman, and I hope I'm at least half the mother to my children that she has been to my brother, my sister and I.

So after the Dr. found the heartbeat, measured my belly and answered my questions, he was bombarded by the two women sitting in the corner of the room, with stories, quotes and jokes. I have to say he took it rather well, smiling and nodding, and slowly making his way towards the door. But I wouldn't have it any other way, this is my family I was thinking , and I'm proud of them. Even with all of the same stories, the weird jokes, the cheek pinching and belly jiggling, I love these women, and couldn't help but think about one more little woman who will be gracing us with her presence soon enough...

No comments: